Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Leftovers Pizza

On busy school nights I love to have dinner ready and waiting by the time everyone gets home so all we have to do is grab a seat at the table and catch up.

With Caramelized Onions in the fridge and pizza dough in the freezer, I decided to whip up a few pizzas in the afternoon before school pick-up. For the kids I made a simple marinara, prosciutto, basil from my garden, and mozzarella pizza. For the big people, I used a bunch of stuff I had left over from the soup & sandwich night. I used the Mornay Sauce as base, topped it with creamy goat cheese, red grapes, prosciutto, caramelized onions, shredded gruyere, and a little bit of the moz I used on the kids pizza.


I baked them at 500 degrees until the crust was done and the cheese was starting to brown. Easy right? Totally.



I then let them come to room temp and stored them in my cool oven until dinner time. Then I just cranked that oven to 300 degrees to warm up the pizzas. Once they were done, I topped the goat cheese and onion pizza with some spicy arugula. Yum!



Serve this up with a small side salad and some fruit and it is an easy hit on a busy weeknight!

1 comment:

Glinda said...

With an Italian husband, this is right up his alley; my palate is not sophisticated enough for grapes on my pizza...interesting.