Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This and That

First off I want to applogize for the color change on the blog. I am fully aware that I went from a nice lavender background to white with all sorts of garish colors blinding what few readers I actually have. I want the color palate to match nicely with my website. Anyway, I just want you to all know that I am working on it!

Now for the real meat and potatoes for today. I am going to share a few summertime photos in a mish mosh of suff going on here at Casa Pickles.

Yesterday was a sad day here in our little enclave. We had to say goodbye to the beautiful Elli who was the Au Pair of a good friend of ours for the better part of a year. She spent a lot of time with L & B and we all got profoundly attached to her. She is one of the best people I've met. Not only is she great with kids but she is a fun, kind, and lovely person to be with. Her time was up and she is headed back to her home in Germany. She will start University this fall and concentrate in Early Childhood Education. I have no doubt she'll be a great success!




Goodbye Sweet E! We'll miss you!


Next up- my tomatoes.... here they come. I grow heirloom tomatoes every year. All my plants have fruit already. In years past I have not seen much fruit start before August 1st but this year I seem to have plants that fruit much earlier! I am very excited.



And last but not least....I have fulfilled my motherhood duty of trying paper mache in my own kitchen at least once. And that is the way it is going to remain...JUST ONCE! I am glad to say I've done it but I am never doing it again. Well I guess I'll do it once more with Cici but man, not fun dudes, not fun. Not only was it messy but the glue that came in the kit was CRAP and nothing stuck together. Oh well. The kids had fun though.




This is what the kitchen looked like when they finished. It may not look so bad now but you should know that my cleaners had come that morning so I basically took a pristine kitchen and turned it into this.

No comments: