Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Joy: Tree Tagging

Every year the holidays sneak up and bite me in the ass. This year I decided to sign-up for a holiday photography course to help me not get lost in the mayhem and enjoy all the moments. I am taking the course from Willette Photography and I, along with a huge international group of people, will be snapping my way through the holiday season as I prepare for Christmas Day. It is actually forcing me to get myself organized so hopefully I'll be more on the ball this year and not wake up and find myself 3 days from Christmas with not a single photograph taken or kiss under the mistletoe.

Each year we normally tag a tree in Vermont and cut it down one weekend after skiing sometime in mid-December. This year we decided to stick closer to home and tag locally.


Some of the shots I am required to get this week for the course are getting the tree. For me, November 27th is just a tad early for that. I like to have a living tree by Christmas day and not a pile of needles all over the gifts. Today we brought some decorations to the tree farm so we could tag and decorate but NOT cut down quite yet.


We will cut down the tree in two weeks and bring it home to decorate and enjoy in full!And in other news, in three weeks we will bring home our very first family puppy.

Oh boy, it should be an interesting Christmas season!

No comments: