Monday, October 24, 2011

LET THEM BE LITTLE


Cici's first time in the sand.


We decided to squeeze in a little end of the season beach time before SweetPea's 3:00 PM soccer game yesterday.  The dog needed to run and the mild temps combined with an overcast sky made me want to take some pictures.

Cici does come from a seaside town in Southern China but I am pretty sure that this was the first time her toes touched sand. She's not so sure about the feel of grass or pavement on her bare feet but she loved the feel of the soft silky sand. 
 
Dad and the big kids were watching the dog run around the great big beach, making new four legged friends, and dashing in and out of the water. 
 
Unfortunately when we got SweetPea to the field, we realized her 3:00 game was really at 2:00 pm. Whoops! But we had a really nice time at the beach so I don't feel too too badly.


If you want to see more cute entries on this week's them of Let them be little visit i heart faces at the link below!


12 comments:

deb duty said...

This is so sweet! Great moment to capture. So cute that she's looking at her hands wondering what all this stuff is.

SarahinSC said...

I love that look on her face. "What is this stuff?" So cute!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love it :-)

felicity & nathaniel said...

This picture is so lovely! I love the composition. What a sweet little girl! :)

Amanda Heath said...

Love the angle and the off center focus.

-dhonea said...

ah she's cute! and ps your blog is making me hungry lol great food pics too :)

Valeria said...

so sweet! I remember mine first time on the sand!

JimandJackie said...

Beautiful! Parker hated grass for months after coming home from Seoul! I dont think he ever saw it!

Anonymous said...

Love!

Unknown said...

She is just so cute. What a sweet baby!

Rachel @ Simple Girl said...

love the sharp focus on the subject and how everything else disappears!

Anita Johnson said...

So cute...I always loved the kids reaction to sand. Visiting from Iheartfaces I've been visiting your other blog too. Everything looks delicious!