Friday, September 05, 2008

Comcast DSS

So if you have comcast and live in my small town you would no doubt not be surprised to wake up one morning with little or no internet service. It is not uncommon to hear someone say "oh my internet service is down again". Well that is just what happened to me on Thursday morning. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that I didn't realize it until after I had downloaded the entire school calendar, input my husband's work calendar, updated my PTO commitments, and entered a growing number of social engagements into my iCal and then sent each calendar item to both my husband's and my blackberries. I immediately got 50 pop-up messages from mac mail saying that it could not send the message because the server timed out. UGH. Well I waited a day thinking that it was just another one of Comcast's down days but by noon today I decided I needed to call Comcast.

The problem: I have several email accounts being used over 3 different computers and Comcast's system started to suspect I was up to no good. After hours and hours of time on the phone this afternoon with comcast we eventually had to get clearance with their "abuse" department to clear me to use their servers again. "Abuse" Department!?! Good gawd. I should just send them my CORI clearance from my adoption paperwork!

1 comment:

Chatty Cricket said...

LOL, you and your suspicious activities!!

We ALWAYS have to reboot our entire system after a thunder storm. I was ready to trash our modem and get a new one until one astute little Mac guy pointed out that we may just have to restart everything if we had bad weather. Gah, technology.