Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Nice View!

Anyone else watching the Tour de France? Well, I am not surprised. I never did either. Not until now when we are on the verge of moving to France and will be there for the spectacular finish at the Arc de Triomph. Today is stage 5 and they are racing from La Cap D'Agde to Perpignan which is in Languedoc-Roussillon. They are racing through beautiful mountians, charming towns and eventually down along the Mediterranian coast to Perpignan. We will be on vacation in these parts the first week of August. I am very excited because this part of France looks beautiful. Perpignan is very close to Spain so we will definitely venture over the border perhaps as far as Barcelona. I've done the typical French Med, Provence, Brittany, Normandy, Loire, Alsace-Lorraine, Alps and the Champagne Valley before so this is the one part of France I feel is the last big mystery for me.

As for the race, I am finding it surprisingly interesting. I always thought that those tight racing suits were silly with the bright colors and advertising. They just look so dorky. Well, follow the race closely and you will find that cyclists are a surprisingly good looking bunch. I now find it quite easy to spend time watching all those tight suits zip by ; )

Here is a map of Stage 5 which is bascially our vacation map!










No comments: