Friday, August 19, 2011

Medical

A China adoption trip always includes a medical exam at a medical office on Shamian Island. Yesterday all the girls had an appointment at 9:30 am and it was the first time I had been to Shamian Island. We drove by it the other day and I could tell it was beautiful, but being there yesterday made me realize how relaxing it is. It is quiet there. Few cars, beautiful buildings, and clean surroundings. Oh how I wish we were staying there.

Before the medical appointment, we zipped in to the photo store  to have the girl's passport photos taken. The photo store was actually a children's clothing store with a stool in the back where the kids were placed for a quick digital photo. Being at the end of the alphabet, we are always the last called to get logistics done. By the time we were called for the photo, Cici was fast asleep. Grrr. We had to wake her and she was sooo not happy. We took about 7 shots all of which she was screaming bloody murder. And then for one brief moment, she closed her mouth and opened her eyes and we got this picture....



Here are the kids waiting outside for the photo shoot....






SQUEAKY SHOES!


After we got the photos, we went over to the medical office to this room......







Where we had 3 exams, ENT, Height & Weight, Medical and Surgical. The latter was a respiratory and physical exam. The exams went really quickly but we waited a ton of time to just have the paperwork done. Everyone did well though including the very bored big kids. Cici is now 17.8 lbs and 28".

After that we were whisked off to the Pearl Market which I have to say was the cheesiest thing I've done in a long time. I bought Lily, Cici and I pearl stud earings and a few other non-pearl items but felt the quality was not that great. Stuff was relatively cheap but the whole thing seemed yucky to me. I'm going to go back to the place in HK for more pearls on the back end of the trip.

After we got home, SJ took the big kids to the pool while I stayed with a napping Cici. Once she was up we got her dressed in her killer red swim suit and matching hat and took her to the pool. She LOVES the water. Hates cars but LOVES water. Guess we're going to win some and lose some. I knew she loved her bath but she was so smitten with the pool too! Yay!

Here are some cute pictures from our afternoon!




5 comments:

Gabi said...

Hey! I want a hat like that! ;). Thanks for all the posts. I love reading them.

Glinda said...

Love the first red swimsuit picture...

Good to know about the pearls and the beauty of Shamian Island.

P.S. I want to be you when I grow up, you seem to have such a wonderful calming nature about you; not sure what I'm gonna look like when I finally get there, nervous tic, sporting a padded white jacket, not really sure... ;)

Pam said...

I love all the photos you posted! The red bathing suit is fabulous! Keep the pictures coming!

petits sucrés said...

OMG Shan! I cannot believe she is your baby! YOUR BABY!!

Debbie Sauer said...

How precious!! Blessings